About us

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Today I was honest with my gf

This all happened an hour ago of me typing, my gf and Started dating in Highschool, and are currently dating in college, so today in a conversation with her, her friends, and a mutual friends, she brought up the topic of PDA, and how she always disliked PDA because she didn’t want to just be seen as u/Wonderful’s girlfriend, and all her friends laugh and say they understood but our mutual friend, I’ll call him Ryan, speaks up and says well it wasn’t communicated well on your end I guess huh. This statement makes everyone go quiet and when my girlfriend tried to pry, Ryan just told her to talk to me.

As everyone leaves she begins prying, at first I tell her it’s all in the past, but she really wants to know, and so as the prying got on I spilled, but I feel as I spilled I let out more than I had planned.

In the 2 years we were together I always found it odd how I could never hold hands with her in public, but with her guy friends she seemed so open, hugs, holding hands etc. Her hatred for PDA with me but the opposite with her friends always made me feel so less than, on top of that it always felt like I had to prioritize her. We had prom and everyone including my mom, made me ask her despite me not wanting to go, but I love how it’s an expectation for me but on her end she’s able to ditch me to go hang out with her friends. And sure her PDA acceptance got better as this year went on but it was only when the year had ended so it no longer mattered.

Then there’s also another one of her friends who I hate being around, but her reluctance to cut him off an always putting me in social situations with him has had me contemplating a break up every time. And when she asked me why I put up with all of this I just said, I’m her first relationship and she’s mine, I don’t really know what to do. I’ve liked her since the 6th grade, I worked so hard to get with her I don’t want to end it.

After the conversation she hasn’t spoken to me and is being very distant and I’m scared.

Tl;dr: I was honest with my gf about the last year of our relationship and how I’ve felt and she isn’t speaking to me

submitted by /u/Wonderful_Chain_9680
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment