About us

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Am I an asshole for having some kind of feelings for my EXs best friend after we broke up?

So some weeks ago my girlfriend of 6 years told me she had cheated on me which crushed me and we broke up. Our relationship sometimes felt like we were best friends who lived under the same roof so this is probably for the best. However during our relationship I have been very good friends with her friends and one of them to the point of me being able to be with her without my (ex)girlfriend (known that friend for about 6 years as well). I have always felt a good connection with her (friendly) and we are more similar than me and my ex. The last year of my relationship I have felt that it’s more fun hanging out with her then my then gf which I have questioned myself about.

So to the current moment. She has taken my side in all of this even though my gf and her has been friends since first years of school. We have talked on phone and been texting a bunch. She wants to meet when she’s home and talk and is also up for going for a drink sometime. I got invited to a new year’s party which my ex is not attending. She has even said she might cut the contact with her after what she did to me?

I have felt she might have liked me before but it was nothing we talked about. My ex also said that she is worried she liked me more but I told her we were just friends.

Do you think she might like me more than a friend?

Am I a total asshole for doing stuff with her that might lead to something more?

Otherwise me and my ex has had a really civilized breakup and talked a lot so not really any angry feelings. I am not doing this in any way to get back at her.

Might have had feelings for her more than a friend during our relationship but pushed it away because it’s wrong and I still loved my girlfriend.

Edit: Worried I’m just feeling this way because she has given me support during this shitty situation and genuinely cares about me.

TL;DR Broke up with my girlfriend of 6 years after she cheated on me and now I have been talking a lot to her best friend feeling it could lead to something more. Is this wrong?

submitted by /u/Affectionate-Note802
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment