About us

Friday, December 9, 2022

I am tired of people commenting on my boyfriend’s appearance.

I know I can’t control on how people react, but I get so stressed sometimes, I even have dreams about arguing with people. So, basically, I(F21) have been in a relationship with my boyfriend(M20) for about 4 months now. We always had a very pleasant connection, prior to our relationships we were friends for like 5 months. He wasn’t my type, but I always liked him as a person, like I just wanted to get to know him. I thought he had a cute face, but he is slightly shorter (I am almost 5’11 and he is 5’9). Height was never a dealbreaker for me, I can find men around my height (both taller and shorter) to be attractive, and as time went by I really got into him, we have amazing chemistry. So far, we had a few people say we are cute, but most just think that I am way out of his league. It hurts me so much to hear that, I honestly don’t think people would comment at all if he were taller than me, since that is the social norm. I asked him if he is bothered by me being taller and he said he was fine with it, as it’s not that much, but he never dated another tall girl before. I am aware he can too get insecure from time to time, but he never really shows it. I love this guy more than I ever loved anyone and we make each other so happy, I look at him and think he is so cute and when people tell me that I could do so much better it makes me feel like a bad person, like maybe I shouldn’t be attracted to him and I will end up hurting him(this thought kills me). My mom says that she really likes him, but as I am tall, skinny and very conventionally attractive, it looks unusual, but she can’t deny that we have great chemistry and personality-wise compliment each other very well. I start to care less and less because I love him more and more, but it still feels horrible to get all these looks and like I have to justify our attraction for each other.

TL;DR : My boyfriend is slightly shorter and not so conventionally attractive and some of my friends and my mom made comments that make me insecure. I like his looks so it bugs me on why people care so much to tear us down, makes me feel like I am doing something wrong

submitted by /u/ok_whatever_u_say
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment