About us

Thursday, December 15, 2022

Is it weird for a guy (M18) to say he really likes you (F18) when he barely knows you ?

I’ve just turned 18 a while ago and really I had never dated anyone before due to strict parents, my own insecurities and the fact that no guys has ever asked me out.

I’ve been in college for over two months and 6 days ago, this guy in my class started texting me and on the third day of us knowing each other, he asked me out.

I have very conflicted feelings for him because first of all, talking with him is the experience I had never have. It’s new and exciting and flattering. And, I’m afraid that I’d turn down a nice guy.

But honestly speaking, I don’t trust him. There’s this voice in the back of my head telling me this guy is not being sincere. Even though he’s been bombarding me with compliments and affection and constantly asking me out, I just don’t feel like he truly likes me. He told me he liked a presentation I did at class and implied that that’s how he noticed me but I find it suspicious. I don’t think that I’m ugly or unlovable but I certainly don’t think that someone would “really like” me just because of a class assignment i did, especially when that person has been in the same class with me for 2 months and didn’t even know I existed.

I told him he’s pushing it to hard and it is scaring me and his response was because he really liked me and then proceeded to ask me out again the next day.

I have talked to a few friends about whether should I keep talking to him and their opinions are 50/50. Some think I should try it while others think he’s being too shady.

I don’t have a lot of experience in this and I wonder if this is the gut feeling people always talk about or if it’s just my insecurities playing tricks in my head.

tl;dr: Is it weird for a guy (M18) to say he really likes you (F18) when he barely knows you ?

submitted by /u/taylorswiftforever
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment