About us

Monday, February 20, 2023

Did my friend betray me?

Tldr: I asked my best friend to cut ties with her group of friends who have hurt me badly. She refused.

So to cut to the chase, there is this girl(Let's call her Sara) who I am really close friends with. We have known each other for a long time and in these times I had also developed feelings for her. After I communicated my feelings for her, I got friend zoned by her, took some time off and then became her good friend again. After that I felt really happy how this situation had turned out. All in all, at this point I considered her someone who I can trust a lot with almost anything. I had always helped her when she needed something and I knew I could rely on her for the same.

Anyways now here is what had happened. In our college mess, she, I, and a group of our mutual friends were having lunch. This other girl( let's call her Tricia) who was sitting next to me was also 'friends' with me for 6 years. (Emphasis on the friends part).

Anyways, in campus it is not common for guys and girls who are in a platonic relationship to often have some physical contact. I have seen Tricia have such contact with guys she deemed close friends. Having known her for 6 years and she having been really close to my family at one point I thought that she would also be ok with me having some physical contact with her.

I jokingly pocked her cheeks and she got uncomfortable. Then even after I apologized countless times she and her group of friends began to shout at me in front of everyone and called me a sexual harasser. All eyes of the entire lunch table were on me. I was humiliated to the core.

After that, I was pissed at them. I wanted to take some action against them for deliberately trying to hamper my image on campus but that is a different story.

Anyways, later I asked Sara to break all ties with Tricia and her group of friends who were all in on this bullying. Sara is also somewhat friends with that group.

She replied me on text saying that 'I can' t force her to act upon my will.' and that she 'has her won descretion.' She also said things like 'how her talking to them matters to me?'

I told her that I would have done the same for her if she was in my position and later asked her if she was still their friends. She hasn't replied to my last text but I am wondering if this was the right thing to ask.

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/Crimson_Nightwing
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment