About us

Sunday, February 26, 2023

My Ex (X) Is Mad ab Something I Did After We Broke Up

Recently (about 2mo ago) my(23F) ex(23M) and I split up after about a year and some change. It was for the best as the relationship was toxic for the both of us. I'm horrible at breakups and probably have an anxious attachment style. For 3 weeks I did the whole nonstop crying and trying to reach out and be friends and even at times asking if we could just work it out. I know, bad OP. We would text, but no calls or hanging out. I asked if that would ever change, and he said he never wanted to see or speak to me again in his life. This was my sign that I was holding on to something that was clearly way beyond dead. I downloaded some dating apps and started meeting people, just to prove to myself that I could, and that I didn't just have to sit at home alone and sad. Around this time, an old fwb(Y) that I've known for years and had been friends with during X and I's relationship, started wanting to hang out. I kind of knew what was up and I told him I wasn't really looking for sex or anything else, but that we could hang out. One night, about 6 weeks after the breakup, things were getting steamy and I just thought "this is fine." It wasn't and I stopped it after like 2 seconds because I didn't feel ready. Some time later, X reached out to hook up. He directly asked me if I had been with anyone else and I was honest. The night progressed as he had planned, even after I told him, and we honestly had a really good talk about why our relationship had been so toxic. We both admitted we still had some unresolved feelings, and he admitted that he was trying to seem over it the whole time, to create distance. We've been talking for the last two weeks, and all of a sudden he says that he's so pissed that I had sex with Y so soon, and that it makes it worse that it was someone he didn't like while we were dating. For additional details, Y and I had a brief fwb stint a couple summers ago, have known each other for 8 years, and while X and I dated I saw Y once, in a group setting. I'm kind of pissed too. Pissed that he couldn't admit how he was feeling and instead told me he never wanted to see or speak to me again. What was I supposed to do, hold a candle for it forever? Do I wish that I hadn't had sex with Y? Sure thing, for myself. However, if X had been honest about how he felt, and talked to me about it instead of saying he never wanted to see or speak to me again, it would never have even happened. I'm just anxious and sad all over again. I know that the relationship should probably stay over just based on the feelings this is causing for myself but I uhhhhh am very bad at endings.

TLDR: my ex and I were thinking about getting back together, but he said he's angry that I had sex with someone else while we were broken up.

submitted by /u/mangeyraccoon
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment