About us

Saturday, February 11, 2023

How do you breakup with someone you live with?

I'm not good at break-ups because it feels terrible to hurt someone you care about. I've (M45) been living with my partner (F37) for a year & a half & it's just not working for me. We like each other, we're friends, but I'm not enjoying being in a couple. We're at that point where if she walked away, I wouldn't stop her but I don't have the guts to tell her I'd prefer to be single.

Part of the problem is that we live together so once we have The Conversation it is going to be extremely difficult for both of us being in the same space regularly. I don't really want to tell her over dinner & then have no place for either of us to go to.

Plus, since it's my own home she'd have to find a new place to live which is difficult in this city. I'm thinking I can say she can stay here as long as she needs & I can sleep on the couch but I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how to make this easier for her?

Really struggling with the logistics of this one & want to be as kind & supportive as possible.

Thanks for having a think!

TL;DR: Any advice on breaking up with someone who you live with? When do you do it? How do you help them if they'll have to move out?

submitted by /u/Sad_Lavishness_4300
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment