About us

Thursday, February 9, 2023

I (20 m) asked this girl (21 f) I’ve been seeing since October to be in a relationship and she says that she want to be with me but needs time

tl;dr: Seeing this girl for 4 months, we are exclusive and hanging out often, but she says she isn’t ready because she doesn’t want old baggage to affect our relationship

I know how that sounds, and if i saw that caption I would give the advice to stay away and that she is probably not wanting a relationship (with me).

I just feel like this situation is different but I don’t know if my judgement is clouded because I really like her. We started out just hooking up, but have gotten a lot closer since then and have been hanging out multiple times a week for the last month. A lot of the posts I’ve seen about this are before ppl have become intimate/intimate regularly and this also doesn’t apply. We also have talked about being exclusive with each other a few months ago, and have valentines plans. Before this week we’d talked a bit about wanting more and seemed to both be on the same page, and this week I asked her to be with me. She said that she does want to be with me, but that she still has baggage from her last relationship (which she got out of a month prior to us meeting) and doesn’t want that to affect ours, and that she hasn’t been out of a relationship for a while and needs a little bit of time for herself. And it’s also not like she wants to see me less we’re closer than ever right now. I just feel confused because to me it seems like we are already 3/4 of the way to being a couple and feel like things will be ok but I also am keeping the possibility we don’t work out open. Right now I feel like the best thing to do is not rush things or come off needy, and bring it up again when I’m seeing signs that she could be ready. At the same time though I know I can’t just wait around forever for her. At the end of the day only I really know our relationship and her, but I would appreciate some outside perspectives.

submitted by /u/Thericjaw
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment