About us

Thursday, February 16, 2023

I (30M) told my partner (26F) I don't know how I feel about her past

I (30M) need advice, I feel like I've been completely unfair towards my partner (26F) due to my honesty.

We've only been together for almost half a year now, things got serious rather quickly and we now live together, have done for just over a month.

About two weeks my partner decided she'd like to tell me about her past, she was a webcam model for 2 years. Initially my reaction was just.. oh cool and I had some questions she was happy to answer.

Then it started to play on my mind a lot, I have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression which isn't helping me process all of this.

We had a discussion last night after I was honest and said I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

She asked me is it something you would break up with me for? My honest answer right then was, I don't know. She started to cry and told me the thought of us splitting up made her feel like a little part of her inside had died, it broke my heart, I was upset at this too as I never want to hurt her.

Was it wrong of me to be honest and say I don't know? I understand now that she must feel like she's on a piece of rope that could snap at anytime. I've had last night and all night to think about it and its definitely not something I want to break up over and I would like to deal with it so it doesn't become an issue again. I've told her this but I'm afraid the damage is already done.

TL:DR: My partner was a webcam model, she asked if its something I would end the relationship over. I said I don't know.

submitted by /u/bRighteyez7
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment