About us

Monday, February 6, 2023

My sister(18F) acts like she hates me(M19) for dating her bestfriend(F18) but insists she’s happy for us

So i (19M) started seeing my sister’s (18) best friend (18F, let’s call her sarah) a couple months ago now. my sister was totally cool with it and even encouraged me to make the first move with sarah apon hearing that i was thinking about it. she promised me she wasn’t worried about it and she trusts both of us to treat each other right.

everything has been going amazing between sarah and i, we are taking things slow but she is over very often anyway so we see each other heaps, and love every moment of each others company

the issues started only in the past few weeks, when my sister brought up the fact that sarah spends so much time with me that she’s scared of losing her as a best friend. i felt so guilty, and i try to always put my family’s best interest first so i offered to end it then and there, but she made it clear that she doesnt want that at all, and she’s extremely happy for us, she just wanted sarah to hang out 1 on 1 with her more often. so sarah did exactly that, she goes out 1 on 1 with my sister just as much as they used to and all seemed well for a few days

but then almost out of nowhere, my sister started acting quite hostile to me, saying extremely hurtful stuff, trying to embarrass me in front of sarah every time sarah comes over, rants to sarah about me any time her and i have a classic sibling argument. even once told me sarah said she doesn’t like me anymore during a heated argument which she later took back and said she made it up to hurt my feelings because she was angry. it’s causing so much stress for me and i dont know what to do.

i spoke to my sister about it again just now and she said she still wants sarah and i to work out and i really want that too but i dont know how to do that and maintain a good relationship with my sister at the same time if it’s already hurting me this much

my feelings are definitely growing quicker than i thought and i care about sarah very much, hence why i’m asking for advice here.

TL/DR: Sister acts hostile and uses the situationship between me and her bestfriend to hurt me as well as acting upset by it despite insisting she’s happy for us and it’s growing harder to deal with

submitted by /u/ThrowAwayIfNecessary
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment