About us

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Am I (24F) reading too much into this post-it note gesture from my crush (39M)?

I've been working at this company for about 6 months and have known my crush for the same time.

I'm going to sound like a complete psycho. I think I've built this little gesture up into something it isn't. Please, online strangers, drag me down to reality.

Okay, let's start. I (24F) have a crush on my male co-worker (39M). I know, age gaps blah blah. It's quite a casual work environment (experimental research facility) and we have a friendly but reserved relationship. He's a really kind, intelligent, and helpful person who is always willing to make time for others.

A couple weeks ago I asked him for some help finding a specific item needed for one of my experiments (my entire team is on holiday so there was no one else). He helped me search the building to make sure we didn't already have it stocked, then offered to order it for me (I can't access the PO system yet).

I wrote down the specs of the item on a post-it note (bright neon pink) and casually handed it to him when I walked past his desk later that day. He ordered the item and it arrived in time. Perfect. My experiment was saved.

Well a couple of weeks have passed since then and, when I was walking past his desk the other day, I saw a flash of neon pink. I did a double take and noticed that he still had the bright pink neon post-it note I had given him on his desk. It wasn't like he had discarded it randomly to the side or forgotten to throw it away. He had stuck it on the base of his main monitor so it would be in direct line of sight every time he sat down at his computer.

I was surprised because he definitely didn't need it anymore, especially weeks after the item arrived. We don't work on the same projects or are even in the same team, it also wasn't the kind of item you would re-order any time soon. The rest of his desk is well-organised and ordered, so he wouldn't keep unnecessary clutter on his desk.

The hopeless romantic in me is thinking that he kept the post-it note on his desk because he secretly likes me and wanted a reminder in the form of my neon pink message.

He's been friendly with me since, if a bit reserved, no different than normal. I can't help daydream about "what if..." and I feel a surge of excitement each day I walk past his desk and the post-it note is still there.

But then, I feel stupid. I am a grown-ass woman losing sleep over a post-it note on my co-worker's desk. I feel like I am definitely reading too much into this, but just wanted a second opinion and to vent a bit.

TL;DR: My crush has kept the post-it note I gave him on his desk, weeks after he needed it. Is it because he likes me or am I a hopeless romantic?

submitted by /u/abexamene
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment