About us

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

I(30F) RSVP'd for my cousin's(26F) wedding. My dog sitter fell through and my husband (30M) doesn't trust the substitute.

I RSVP'd myself and my husband for my cousin's wedding next week out of town but unfortunately plans with our trusted dog sitter fell through.

Someone on Rover who had good reviews and friendly dogs agreed to sub in, but my husband doesn't fully trust them as the platform has no way of vetting their dog sitters. He's agreed to letting them give them a trial run, but he is going to spend the whole trip worrying about our dog. He would prefer staying home with the pup and for me to go solo.

Back to my cousin, I know wedding planning is stressful and it really sucks for people to cancel after RSVPing. There's currently some family frustration against me for not visiting home more often. My cousin has never expressed any tension, but I imagine she hears some of the conversations about me. I was planning on giving her a cash gift that would cover the food/drink cost of myself and my husband so she at least would not be out of pocket.

How do I balance everyone's feelings? Would it be acceptable for me to cancel my husband's RSVP and apologize to my cousin about the circumstances but reassure her she would not be out of pocket. I think my aunt might give me grief, should I tell them a family issue came up for my husband? Should I also send the Rover sitter a small cancellation fee for the inconvenience?

Tl;Dr: Plans with dog sitter fell through. Do I cancel my husband's RSVP and fly solo or use the substitute despite his concerns?

submitted by /u/PomPomPomeranians
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment