About us

Monday, June 26, 2023

I can't trust my girlfriend (21M)(21F)

There's this thing that has been bugging me. In one of her previous relationships, my girlfriend went and saw an ex-ex boyfriend of hers during her relationship with an ex boyfriend. While she was on a trip, she asked her ex-boyfriend if she could see her ex - ex boyfriend. And he said he had nothing against it.

I have no clue what happened to them. They supposedly went out for a drink and caught up for a few hours and that's it.

I heard about that story from a friend of mine recently, and when I asked her, she said it's true, from detail to detail. She did see her ex ex, and she did ask her ex, but she did nothing.

Every time she goes to the town her ex lives in (most of her family is there, she goes there every 3-4 months) I'm waiting for a text "hey, I wanna see my ex" or something along those lines.

We talked about the situation and I told her that we'd be done for if she ever saw an ex of hers, and she was very dissatisfied with my boundary but she accepted iy.

She said she believes exes can be friends (bullshit) and she has nothing against that.

How do I gain trust? Whenever she goes there I feel anxious.

Note: She was texting her ex at the beggining of the relationship(first day of the relationship to be exact), and when I told her to stop she did stop. She never texted him again and she removed him from most social media.

tl;dr: I have a hard time trusting my girlfriend because of some things she's done in her past. Do I have right or am I tripping?

submitted by /u/kvst4
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment