About us

Thursday, June 1, 2023

How do I get rid of unresolved anguish?

Last year, my boyfriend of 1 year got together with my bestfriend of 8 years (he was a common friend) before breaking up with me and she went along with it. So I completely cut them off from my life

I just suffered for 6 months to get to a level of peace where I wasn't overthinking every detail. He just blamed my anxiety as his turn off ( saying giving constant reassurance wasn't his thing) and she dismissed her mistake by saying she deserves to be happy

I was very hurt by the whole ordeal as I was noticing him being distant and did ask her and him if something was going on, they both denied and called me paranoid.

I just completely got over it but certain days are still triggering. Recently I heard they are getting engaged, through a common friend and she just wanted to let me know, I really don't know how to feel, I don't want to talk to either of them but I feel like I was the only one who suffered and they got their happy ending.

Is it wrong that I don't wish them well? Is it wrong that I am not okay with common friends hanging out with him? Why do I still feel icky whenever I hear about them? My common friends just ask me to be better person, I just don't know how to view this tl;dr need a different perspective to cheating ex getting engaged

submitted by /u/Anxiouspopsicle
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment