About us

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

How do I enhance my tidying habits and address my partner's concerns about minor oversights while maintaining open communication and a positive relationship dynamic?

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share something that's been on my mind lately and get some advice. Overall, the relationship between me [35m] ]my partner [35f ] is great, but there's one aspect that's been causing me some anxiety. We live together with our 4-year-old daughter, and a few weeks ago, my partner and daughter were away for a couple of days. When they returned, my partner was disappointed in me for not taking better care of our home, addressing some specific things she asked me to handle before they left.

I did complete the tasks she assigned, but I must admit I neglected some general tidying up. I felt ashamed because I value keeping our home in good shape, and I know it's important to her. I didn't think much of it at the time and took the opportunity to rest and do other things. I've reminded myself to establish better routines for tidying up, but I admit I can be a bit distracted and may not always notice when things are amiss.

My partner later apologized, citing various reasons for her emotional reaction. I promised to improve my tidying habits, and I genuinely have been making an effort. However, I've noticed that she can still get upset if I happen to overlook something minor. I'm not sure how to navigate this situation.

Here are my questions:

  1. What can I do to become less distracted and gain better organization and insight into maintaining our home?

  2. Is it reasonable for every small oversight to be pointed out, considering I won't be perfect? How can I address this without seeming like I'm avoiding responsibility?

I appreciate any advice or insights you may have. Should I also mention that I may not achieve perfection in this aspect? Thanks!

TLDR:

"I've promised to get better at tidying up at home, but I'm unsure about what steps to take for improvement. Additionally, I want to avoid feeling like I'm doing something wrong, no matter how I approach it.

submitted by /u/emillindstrom
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment