About us

Sunday, January 14, 2024

Please kindly tell me that my guy friend, who is taken, is just trying to be a good friend.

I [25F] came to develop feelings for one of my guy friends who is in a happy relationship with his girlfriend of over 4 years. I know it's bad and so I always try to keep some distance, but because he is such a nice guy it's hard for me to get over my feelings.

I hate crushing on someone taken, but I have been overthinking a recent interaction lately and need some objective third parties to tell me that he just sees me as good friend. Nothing more.

For context we aren't best friends or anything, but he is one of my closer guy friends and I can say we both always enjoy each other's company. He is very friendly towards me and likes to talk to me about our shared hobby and usually he is the one reaching out to me over something through text. I try to avoid reaching out to him since it would feel inappropriate as I have feelings and I don't want to be inconsiderate towards his girlfriend. For some reason, it feels like he understands how I'm feeling and appreciates me for who I am and that has unfortunately been making it harder for me to get over him.

Recently, my group of friends (my guy friend was in there too) and I had been in an online call together, I was a little quieter than usual as I had been feeling down due to a few of the people the past few days (not him though). After I hopped off the call, I was shocked to see he sent me a really considerate text saying how he wanted to apologize in case I was feeling down, but that he might be overthinking it since he was a little drunk (a few of them had gone out earlier that night). I was honestly really surprised as he'd never been considerate like that to me before and I hadn't told anyone I was feeling down or what the reason was. I was surprisedthe noticed something was off, along with the fact that he somehow knew the reason and cared enough to text me still slightly drunk. I cried pretty hard after reading his text as it had genuinely touched me and all the sadness and resentment I hadn't realized I was holding in the past few days came pouring out. Needless to say, it was now another reason why I was struggling to get over my feelings. But I know it can't happen, so I would appreciate being told that he is just trying to be a good friend.

Any advice on how to get over him without completely ignoring him (he's still a friend I care about) would be great as well.

tl;dr My taken guy friend is too friendly and nice to me so it makes me hard for me to get over my crush on him. Any tips would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/peachgreenn
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment