About us

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

My [31M] GF [30F] having trouble moving from platonic relationship, what to do?

Me (31M) and my long-term GF (30F) of many years have always had an open communication and honesty in our relationship. Recently, we have come across a situation where she disclosed to me that she has feeling and is in love with another man. She ensured me that she wants to stay with me and has no intentions of being with him. Also nothing physical ever happened and it is purely platonic, although they both shared that they feel something to each other.

She wants to move on, however, she is not ready is immediatelly stop communicating with him and consider it something that has to happen gradually. On one hand, I appreaciate the honesty we have in our relationsip and I do believe she is being fully honest with me. I am also OK with her having feeling someone else, as I understand that platonic love can happen while in a commited relationship. I also communicated this to her.

The part I am thinking about is her moving on. I feel like she is having strong feeling for him, and while not wanting to act on it, the feeling are so strong that she can't just completely cut it with him. I kinda feels like we are stuck like this for some time and this is the part that is making me feel hurt.

What are your advice on what we should do in this difficult situation? Should I feel hurt that she can’t move on so easily?

TL;DR: My GF has platonic feelings for other man and is unable to just cut ties with him.

submitted by /u/ThrowRA_occulus
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment