About us

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

How do I support my partner? How do we get through this?

I(F23) have spent the week gutted completely. I had my son 3 years ago and have really tried losing the weight but instead due to financial stress and poor mental health, I instead have gained weight. Me and my partner(M25) have since moved to another country where all my family are and we’ve been able to not need to pay for child care and both work. From this I’ve spent the last 8 weeks being able to afford healthier options and had lost some weight.

We were told about 3-4 weeks ago my partners grandad is terminal. He has no one else once his grandad passes and he lives back in the other country and my partners only able to go see him at the end of each month. Now for the part where it all fucked up.

He went down for 4 days to see him and whilst down he received an anonymous text I had cheated with someone I work with. This just isn’t true and god I’d never do that to him especially during this situation when me and my son are all he has now really. Given his already bad headspace he went out and cheated. Spent 12 hours with her speaking cuddling. He was planning on just leaving me but he came back and immediately regretted what happened. He said at the time he did feel heard and understood and validated by someone who wasn’t me but that now he’s told me everything he feels really guilty and regretful given I’ve not actually done anything and his really bad head frame right now.

As much as this has gut punched me, I cannot find it in me to leave. I know he’s in such a bad head space and the text he received tipped him over the edge. I’m not looking for anyone to tell me to leave either. He was honest with me and he does truly want to be with me but with the way I currently look I’m missing the one box that’s important which is sexually. I used to be a lot thinner and active in our sex and now I feel so down about my weight sex has become a struggle and I can’t be as much of a participant as I once was and it sucks so badly.

I mean I’m barely eating now because I honestly don’t know any other way for me to lose weight especially quickly. I have one small meal a day and just suck on some mints to stop the need to snack during the day and so far seems to somewhat work.

Please anyone who has been through this situation, how can I support him? How did yous get through it?

TL:DR my partner is going through a rough time and cheated.

submitted by /u/Anonymousgirl1213
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment