About us

Thursday, July 4, 2024

I can't stand my step-sister even if she is nice to me

Hi reddit, i apologize in advance for any possible mistake but english is not my first language.

I'm a 19 years old male and my mom (F45) married married in 2021 my step-father (M45). My mom and dad divorced in 2016 and she got the main custody. I was happy for her, expecially since my step-father is a good person and from the beginning he always has been nice to me. After the marriage they bought a house with the plan of living there all together. I knew he had a daughter one year younger than me(F18), but they never organized anything for us to meet so i never pressured them into anything, i met her like a month before the wedding but it has been awkward since none of us actually interacted with the other and just acknowledged our presence. But once we moved in she immediately became all sweet and lovey-dovey with me, telling how much she wanted to have a step-brother, how she wanted to know me better,etc... i tried to welcome her but i never felt comfortable around her, as if i always had to walk on eggshells and shared the house with a stranger, i just forced myself to be nice because i didn't wanted to "disappoint" my mother and my step-father. I don't hate her, but spending time with her it feels like an homework more than something i enjoy, everytime she calls me or suggest something we can do together, i feel annoyed inside and force myself to smile and accept, it has been like that for the last 3 years and i just can't see her as my step-sister, as someone i should be close with. Maybe it's because i've never had any sibling but i can't understand why i feel this way and sometimes i even feel guilty because of it, she and my mom formed a great relationship like me and her dad. Why can't i even feel an hint of affection towards her? But a part of me also doesn't trust her because people who are too over-friendly from the beginning without even knowing me, it makes me feels like they have a hidden reason for it.

TL;DR, I can't stand my step-sister despite she is nice to me and I feel guilty for it.

submitted by /u/Mdamaje
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment