About us

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

BF crosses my boundaries constantly

I've been struggling with something in my 3 year relationship and need some advice. My(21f) boyfriend(25m) often crosses my boundaries, but it's never been anything "major".

He'll make jokes about hitting me. He once threw a glass bottle at me (we were laying right next to each other, but still). He also grips my wrist too tightly sometimes, to the point it hurts, and has pinched me really hard in the breast after I made a joke he didn't like. There are times he pushes my head down forcefully, which makes me feel really uncomfortable or slaps my leg so hard it leaves a mark.

He apologizes and promises not to do it again, but it keeps happening which makes me really upset. I'm starting to wonder if I'm overreacting or if these are red flags. Has anyone else dealt with something similar? I feel like he really loves me because he keeps on buying me expensive gifts and cooking for me. And he is nice 95% of the time.

TL;DR: My boyfriend makes "jokes" about hitting me, grips and pinches me painfully, and pushes my head down sometimes. He usually apologizes but keeps doing it. Not sure if I'm overreacting or if these are red flags.

submitted by /u/Majestic-Method-369
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment