About us

Friday, October 14, 2022

Bf read my words wrong, got mad, and now were arguing.

TL;DR : Bf read my words wrong, got mad, and now were arguing. What should i do next?

Okay so

He was in highschool and i just dropped out from the same school (personal reasons). I was playing this one roblox game on my ipad, I encountered something and wanted information about that said thing, I couldn’t go out of the roblox tab to google it up, because then it would kick me out of the game (sadly) and I couldn’t make splitscreen because google isnt one of the apps at the bar thing.

But i did had a splitscreen to telegram, who which i asked my bf and my friend, those because i wanted it asap, (my dad restricted my internet to 6 hours a day, sad) I admit i did kinda worded it wrongly (i was in a rush), “please look up the information about this” instead of “can you please look up the information about this” though my intentions was to ask for help, not force.

He has a busy schedule, but that time i ask was during lunch break, surely he has some time to help. He did, he said ok and told me to wait. He didn’t say no.. so I thought everything was okay! No, it wasn’t.

After helping he got mad at me and i was confused, like, i don’t understand. He said hes stressed and accused me of using him, when all i did was ask for help. And that was the only time i did, before this, nothing. I said if he didn’t wanna help he can just say no. But nah he was still mad.

Then he had to go, which left me confused on what did i do.

When he came back he apologised for being mad, and said he understands he shouldn’t. I was still confused and hurt so instead of forgiving, I decided to keep asking and justifying. I reminded him that he could’ve just said no. He said my tone wasn’t in the asking way, it was the commanding way. He has ADHD so i get where the misunderstanding of tones come from, but this is texting, he could’ve asked for my tone indicator or asked me what i had meant, or even told me to ask him more politely/word it better. My text wasn’t in all caps lock or anything, it just didn’t have a “can”.

He even tried to justify him blowing up because of him being stressed. Honestly we did have this conversation before, and we ended up agreeing every time he blew up or whatever, he has to apologise because at the end of the day, my feelings was hurt still. Like, “I’m sorry for blowing up/getting mad/getting stressed”.

In my views, being stressed out isnt a justification to blow up, but instead its an explanation, especially when all the other did was just ask for help. You may tell me your views on this, because i don’t know if its more justifiable or explanatory.

He says he feel mocked by me asking him to look up information about the game (highschool internet blocks games).

Now he had to go again and we can only talk the next day.

What should i do?

(If its important, my psychiatrist said i have autistic traits, and I’m still in the process of getting fully diagnosed.)

submitted by /u/Boring_Tumbleweed910
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment