About us

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

How to stop relationship anxiety?

I feel like anxiety is ruining my enjoyment of my relationship

Me (M22) and my boyfriend (M22) started dating 5 months and everything always went super well.

In the beginning as normal we would talk much more than nowadays. We started off by texting eachother every 2 hours.

But in about a month or so the replies started taking longer to come. I talked to him about it and he said that he believes that it is normal for couples to talk less after a while because in the beginning we are getting to know eachother and everything is so new. Plus he said he doesn’t wanna force a conversation with me, he wants it to be natural.

I actually agree with him, I don’t want our conversations to be forced and I don’t wanna change him. And it’s also not like it is a major difference, instead of taking 2 hours to reply he now takes between 3/4 hours.

But I can’t shake off the anxiety, even if rationally I know the relationship is going great, I am sure of his feelings for me, he is meeting my parents for the first time tomorrow and we already have plans for the weekend.

I just spend my days checking to see when he texts me, making mental notes of how long he takes to reply, checking if he is online and not responding.

It’s very draining and I feel like everyday it’s the same.. everything is fine, then he takes longer to reply and the rest of my day is just full of anxiety.

Any tips on how to control my anxiety and overthinking?

TLDR: Everyday I feel anxiety regarding my relationship even though I rationally know everything is fine. How do I stop this?

submitted by /u/mtvalexszn
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment