About us

Sunday, October 16, 2022

Was it wrong of me (20M) to tell my best friend (18F) that I want to stop talking?

TLDR: We were very close friends that hung out a lot. But once school started she's been very distant and acting weird around me so I ended our friendship.

For some context we are both in college. I met her in the spring and we got along really well because we are both math majors. After we met we started hanging out nearly every week for a few hours. And this continued into the summer. We planned to take a math class together. And she seemed very excited about this. She kept saying she would love to take a class with me. She also asked me to take econ with her to make it less boring.

Before school started I did try asking her to take a 3rd class with me. It is very easy and doesn't require attendance and has very little work. It's a free A. At first she said she would take it if she couldn't get into a singing class. But then she kept making excuses and she started getting awkward when I brought it up. I think this was the start of her weird behavior.

The first week we hung out for 3 hours normally. But then she told me she scheduled a art class right after our math class. I tried asking her when she'd be free to study. But she basically said she's too busy and scheduled poorly. I stopped asking and decided to let her ask me instead.

I would also walk with her after class but she started being very awkward and not talking talking at all. So I stopped walking with her after class and leave right away. She wouldn't message me at all and barely talked to me in class.

We had a math test coming up so I ended up sending her a message asking if we were going to study at all during this class. she didn't respond till the following day before class. And she was very awkward and seemed reluctant. But she told me a day she was free and planned to study the following week. The way she acted her and has been acting bothered me a lot. After class I ended up sending her a message saying I think we should stop talking. She asked why and I just said I didn't want to talk about it and she said okay. I moved seats and didn't say anything after that. I think she did try waiting for me after class but she didn't say anything to me.

a few weeks later I decided to message her to talk about it. I wanted to know why she was avoiding me and barely talking to me. She told me she hasn't noticed and that she's been stressed with school and said maybe that's why she was being awkward. She refused to explain further and said she didn't want to talk to me after I threw away our friendship so easily. I tried explaining to her how I felt but she kept putting the blame on me. Saying she wasn't avoiding me and that I should have talked to her instead of throwing away our friendship. This ended by her saying she doesn't want to be friends after this and thanked me for the closure.

I would like someones else thoughts on this. There is some more stuff but this is already really long. So let me know what you think.

submitted by /u/Level_Cress_1586
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment