About us

Saturday, October 15, 2022

Ex friend/romantic partner blocked me and ceased contact, but called me today, 2 months later

I was in a “relationship” with this girl and we were very close. So close we would talk constantly every day for a year and a half, travel, go out to eat, open up to each other and have passionate moments together. We got romantic right away and everything was going great. After 1.5 years we started to argue about spending time with each other and gaining the others appreciation. One day she was tired of the arguing and decided to block me and disappeared. 2 months later she texts me and asks if we can talk about why I thought she was worth it and that she wants to take this really slow and get to know me on a deeper level. Later today she texts me: “You wanted to talk about it? Did you think? Why it’s worth it? I’m going to take a shower and then you can call.” Then several minutes later she texts me again saying: “what’s wrong? Is everything okay?”. I reply and say: “what do you mean?” And her response is: “I’m almost done.” I say “no worries take your time” and I call her a few minutes later. When she answers the phone I hear her crying and sniffling as she says: “So what do you want to talk about?” I’m a perplexed because she initiated this whole interaction, so I say: “Oh, the text from earlier? Well, your worth it to me because you were always there for me and genuinely wanted to spend time with me, expecting nothing but my company in return. We got really close and attached. I appreciated how you stayed close and present in our relationship.” Shortly after, while crying, she says: “I’m stupid and too nice..” When I asked why she thinks this of herself she responds saying: “I’m stupid because I’m too nice. When asked why she thinks that, she said she’s too nice and goofy to people.” I inquire: “Who are you treating too nice?” She vaguely replies, “Everyone.” When asked if it’s having to do with work, she says: “no.” Then when asked if it’s at school, she says “idk, and I don’t care.” She also said that she’s crying because she’s upset and sad. When asked if I am making her upset and sad, she says: “no.” When asked what is making her feel sad and upset, she replies: “I don’t know. I’m upset and sad about everything; I’m just stupid.”

The rest of the conversation is me reassuring her and attempting to bring her self image back to reality. I also let her know that I’m here if she ever wants to talk and that I want to know her what she is going through to try and support her as well as getting to know her on a deeper level (reiterating her initial text). I also let her know she doesn’t have to be alone because I’m here for her no matter what what happens or what she goes through.

I thought it was very strange that she was okay with crying to me on the phone but did not want to get into specifics on why she is feeling this way. We were very close a couple months ago, but now it seems she wants to start over and take things very slow.

What are your thoughts on her calling me seemingly out of the blue?

tl;dr

Friends with benefits blocked me after being close for 1.5 years. She called me 2 months later crying saying she is stupid, upset, and sad, but she said I am not the one making her feel this way.

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/Aggravating_Owl7626
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment