About us

Friday, January 13, 2023

26M struggling to keep up with 26F financial situations

Hi all, as the title says I’m struggling with money at the money due to being made redundant a missing a few months of income. I have since landed another job but am yet to recoup any loss of earnings. My gf doesn’t live a lavish lifestyle by any means but she doesn’t know how to budget. She works full time as do I, there always comes a time where she asks for money to help pay towards things - while I’m all for helping her where I can, some of these expenses are completely unnecessary (expensive supermarkets vs cheaper alternatives, tattoos, eating out and other luxuries).

I find myself having to go without just to send over the odd £50 to her, it’s starting to make me resentful as I’ve had to sacrifice basics to help her pay for her own expenses.

I’m not sure how to tackle this as I don’t want to seem like I don’t want to help, but when there’s no money in the pot it puts me in an awkward situation!

TL;DR girlfriends spending can be out of our budget and I’m having to pay the difference

submitted by /u/Unfair_Philosophy_86
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment