About us

Sunday, January 22, 2023

is my (28f) boyfriend (28m) ready for a serious commitment?

hi reddit- i've been dating my boyfriend for almost 5 months now. things are going great- we have so much fun together, have great sexual chemistry, and we love each other. he's there for me when i'm sick or not feeling well, and we've been talking casually about moving in together a year or so from now when my lease is up.

my only concern is this: he's really independent, and i want to see him more than he wants to see me- and it makes me concerned he's not ready for a real, serious commitment. he says he loves me and loves spending time with me, but his ideal amount of time to see me is about 2x a week. my ideal is 4x a week, maybe even 5. he says he needs his alone time to work in the garage, play video games with his friends who live far away, play dnd, and play volleyball. i appreciate that he has his own hobbies- i do too- and i don't want to be his whole world. but i worry that he isn't ready for a serious commitment- living together, possible marriage- if he needs so much alone time and regularly prioritizes things like playing video games with his friends over me. we've talked about it and it feels like there's a path forward, but we also know from past experience that if either of us compromises too much we'll just end up resentful and the situation won't be sustainable. what do you think reddit?

TL;DR my boyfriend only wants to see me 2x a week, but i want to see him 4-5x a week.

submitted by /u/Global-Extension1380
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment