About us

Monday, January 30, 2023

bf (22M) mad i (20F) got diagnosed & he didn’t

so my bf and i have dated for 2 years. i’ve been clinically diagnosed w depression at 13. i had a really abusive childhood. i’m not asking for sympathy from him nor anyone. not once have i been “too much” on my bf or made him to be my therapist.

my dr diagnosed me w adhd recently. my bf has been saying he has adhd to me for the entire relationship but never consulted it with anyone and doesn’t want to. when he found out i got diagnosed w it, he got mad saying it isn’t fair. he says i don’t have it & i’m lying to my dr. my dr also wants to look at bipolar medication for me & he said i don’t have it bad and compared me to a tv character who ran away whilst manic & claimed i’m not like that.

he also compared his childhood to mine & said i had a normal one. i’m not sure if my recent diagnosis have triggered him, i’ve never invalidated his feelings but he compared being shouted at for misbehaving and not getting toys to me being abused.

tl;dr i got diagnosed w adhd & my bf is mad he didn’t even tho he never seeked help. i’ve tried supporting him but now he’s claiming it lying about my mental health

submitted by /u/luvyvs
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment