About us

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

My (34M) wife (34F) yelled at me at my in-laws

Crossposting this here to seek advice on my situation:

Hi,

So I have been staying at my in-laws for the holidays with my wife of 9 years and my 18 month old kid. We packed in a hurry for the visit and I forgot to keep her work laptop charger (I did keep her work laptop). She had asked me to pack our work stuff while she was packing other stuff. We both work remotely and today was our first day back at work. She completely freaked out today when we couldn't find her charger this morning and yelled at me in front of her brother (and other relatives who were upstairs but within earshot). I accepted my mistake and tried calming her down but her rant went on for several minutes. I whispered her to please not make a scene in front of her family but it was no use. I tried hooking up my Macbook charger to her laptop (which also had a USB C power input) and it worked which finally diffused the situation. Later on when we were alone I calmly tried to reason with her that it was not right to bash me in front of everybody and that it was honest mistake and that I should have been more mindful but it did not warrant such a response. She continued her rant and said her reaction was completely justified and that she had a meeting which she had to miss. We haven't had a chance to speak about this again since we've been busy with the baby and other stuff happening around here but I'm kind of sad and upset about what happened (although I'm not showing it).

There's a lot of other similar stuff that has been happening in our relationship lately which has me super worried but I'll leave that for later posts.

Would appreciate your thoughts on the situation.

TLDR: Wife of 9 years yelled at me at my in-laws, within earshot of others, for forgetting to pack her work laptop charger.

submitted by /u/ThrowRA_13759327
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment