About us

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Am I overthinking this?

Tl;dr my boyfriend keeps making comments about my weight and I need help.

So my boyfriend (25m) makes comments about my (22f) weight a lot and I don’t know what to do

For background, when we first met I was overweight but have since lost 3 stone and plan on losing a little more. He made a comment when we first started dating that has stuck with me since - ‘you’re not that fat’ - and when I said that was a horrible thing to say he didn’t understand this. For Christmas one of my presents from him was a sports top of the team I support, but he brought it 4 sizes too small. He said it was a mistake and that he didn’t look at the size but when I left the room to put it away I overheard him say to his friends that it was more of a target for me and then laughed about it. Obviously this has stuck with me along with all other comments but I need help in how I explain all of this to me and how it makes me feel without it seeming like I’m starting an argument. It’s really getting me down. Am I overthinking this or is he in the wrong?

submitted by /u/Lanky_Illustrator_35
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment