About us

Thursday, July 20, 2023

Almost Dating but in long distance. How should I approach this

Hey there,

So, there's this girl (22f) who's really good friends with my best friend and another close friend of mine (I'm 22m). My best friend keeps insisting that I should ask her out, thinking we could be a great match. Well, I finally met her at a party a few weeks ago, and we had a great conversation. Unfortunately, I had to leave early, but later I reached out to her on Instagram and asked her out. She said she's interested, but said she's going on a 3-month trip to Vietnam, and her flight is in a few days (from when I texted her). However, she made it clear to my best friend that she's genuinely interested and it's only the trip that's keeping her from going out with me. She even told my best friend she'd love to go out once she's back, if I'm still available.

Now, she's in Vietnam, and we've got this somewhat unusual Instagram connection going on. We comment on each other's stories from time to time (I don't post much, to be honest). It's a bit strange because we don't really know each other well, and I find it challenging to get to know someone purely through texts. Plus, I tend to overthink things, so I worry about coming on too strong or texting her too frequently, even though I'm probably just being overly cautious.

My question is, how should I handle this situation? I really want to maintain this connection because I hope to date her when she comes back. I don't want to accidentally mess things up through texting. Should I comment on her stories often? How should I approach this?What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks!

TL;DR: There's a girl who's friends with my best friend and another friend of mine. My best friend thinks we'd be a good match, so I asked her out after a party. She's interested, but she's currently on a 3-month trip to Vietnam. We're staying connected through Instagram, commenting on each other's stories. I want to date her when she returns but worry about texting too much or coming on too strong. Seeking advice on how to handle the situation and maintain the connection.

submitted by /u/Macseasnake
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment