About us

Saturday, July 29, 2023

Am I overreacting for being angry at my boyfriend for not messaging me while he was with his friends?

My boyfriend (16M) is a bit of a drinker when he’s with his mates and occasionally alone. I (18F) am absolutely not, I’ve never been drunk or surrounded myself with drinking culture, so I don’t know what’s normal.

Last night he sent me a message around 7pm telling me that his friends dragged him into a night out. I told him to have fun and to let me know he’s alive every now and then. He knows that I worry if he’s going to be out late, especially if I know he’s drinking. In the past he’s always, always told me when he got home so that I know he’s safe, because I usually stay up and wait until he’s back home before I go to sleep.

This time I had nothing all night. I sent him a message at about 10pm asking when he was going to be home, and another one at midnight jokingly asking if he was alive. Around this point one of his friends posted a blurry photo of someone on the ground very clearly not in good shape who I recognised to be him because of a bracelet he wears. I sent another message about this an hour later asking if he was okay and saying that I hadn’t expected him to keep me updated every second, but something would’ve been nice.

I grew increasingly worried as I continued to receive no answer from him, nor from the friend who posted the photo who I eventually sent a quick message to. I gave up and went to sleep with my notifications on loud at around 4am having heard nothing and with nothing else being posted.

I didn’t get a message until 9:30am, at which point he told me “fine don’t worry lmao” and explained that he’d gotten blackout drunk. None of his friends had been as drunk as him, as there are videos from the night of them literally holding him up because he couldn’t even walk. He’d crashed at one of their houses for the night. I’m not happy with him at all and I told him so. He apologised more when he realised I was actually upset.

Am I overreacting? Part of me feels like I should be able to trust him to handle himself for one night out with his friends without worrying, and another part is just pissed off.

TLDR: Boyfriend went on a night out with friends, got blackout drunk, didn’t answer any messages all night, had a photo of himself looking passed out on the floor posted to a friends story at 1am, told me “don’t worry lmao” in the morning

submitted by /u/C_-Ker
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment