About us

Friday, July 14, 2023

helping my (22M) girlfriend (22F) that get triggered (because of my mistake)?

long story short, i had mental problems in the past (1,5-1y ago), and i used to vent to my friends, and have ever talked shit about my girlfriend. now im at much better place after professional help. it is not justified at all and i admit my wrongdoings. now our relationship is 2+ years old.

she snooped through my phone and looked at those old messages. and have lost trust in me. were on the verge of break up and she's been changing daily. one day we are never going back, the next she comes back to me, the next she says we're never going back again, the next she still gives me chance again.

she said she knows that it is in the past, but just couldn't help thinking how cruel i was talking behind her back. she took a break from social media, but recently came back and a certain word triggered her. of course ive been apologizing every single day, showing how regretful i am of things i did and i love her.

she says whenever she feels fine it is fine, but whenever she sees social media she always gets triggered and remember my wrongdoings.

she wants concrete evidence from me, showing how i really have changed. i suggested couples theraphy, she said she doesn't feel comfortable doing that, as she only shares her personal life to those closest to her (including me), and how i broke that trust.

how can i help her regarding this manner? showing concrete evidence to show her how changed of a man i am. we are on long distance as i study 6 more months abroad, and im not really sure how. ive really shown how changed of a man i am and our relationship has been wonderful lately, until she decided to snoop through old messages.

thanks in advance for the suggestions/comments!

tl:dr- mental problems in the past made me rant and talk shit about my girlfriend, now im a much better place after professional help. relationship been wonderful, then girlfriend saw old messages. gets triggered on a certain word nowadays. how can i help her and built trust back, proving im a different man now?

submitted by /u/Peacock-03
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment