About us

Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Am I wrong or is my friend making excuses to not meet me?

Am I wrong or is my friend making excuses to not meet?

My (23f) school friend (23f) is moving out of the country. She’s been inviting me to come visit her city for years and now that she’s moving she told me “so when are you coming”

I told her I’ll come on her birthday, and when her birthday comes around and I am about to book the flight, she kind of ignores me. After insisting , she replies that she can host me but her house has too many guests, no place to sleep, it’ll be better if I come a few days later. So I say okay makes sense. I say we’ll chat again when I am about to book.

Her bday comes. I put up a bday post and she reposts saying “come soon”

Few days go by, I text her about booking flight tickets. She says she’s free the whole week, and later she’s busy. Now I text her the 2 days out of the free week when i can go. She stops replying ( we were texting instantly)

I wait an hour and send her a voice note, saying reply to my text. She calls me then, tells me she’s busy with other commitments. So I say okay cool we’ll meet when we meet then.

I am confused, and a bit annoyed coz she’s been adamant on me coming to meet her. And when I come around to going, she acts weird.

Now she’s leaving and I dont know if Iam supposed to call and chat it up with her.

Tl;dr - my friend who insists I come to visit her before she leaves the country, ghosted/ became busy when I tried booking tickets to meet her. Idk if I should be a bit annoyed or call and chat with her before she leaves.

submitted by /u/ShallotFront5920
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment