About us

Monday, July 31, 2023

Singledom, friends and contentment

I currently have a gf (28f) but she isn't the one (or a one) and I need to end it. It will destroy her, but long-term she'll be better off. This post isn't about that though.

My core group of friends involves 3 married guys and 1 who I'm 95% sure will marry his current gf. 1 of the mates just had a baby, another mate has one on the way. They all seem to do exciting stuff with their partners, go on holidays etc. I currently have 9 weeks annual leave saved up because I never go on a holiday. Feels increasingly like I have little in common with them.

I basically just work (which includes a lot of travel). I personally wouldn't date me, I'm fairly shut off, have what would be described as an avoidance attachment style and I'm not good at expressing my emotions.

I love hanging out with my mates occasionally, but part of me also thinks I'd be happier/consistently neutral if I just worked and watched TV on weekends and cut them out.

I just needed to vent. Feeling lost after catching up with them on the weekend.

Tl;Dr: do I cut out my mates from my life so I can live my life in neutral?

submitted by /u/evilabed24
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment