About us

Monday, July 17, 2023

Does my bf (M,30) love me anymore (F,32) ?

We've been dating for almost 4 years. During our relationship I had many projects where I was a beginner / had imposter syndrome (eg. changed jobs, passed drivers licence), all that implies I had to persevere & be strong.

My partner has been supporting of me since I am more anxious and I am thankful really. But sometimes it feels like he's a life coach to me & lives with loving my potential, not who I am now.

With all the projects done etc. I guess down the road I lost some confidence in myself (never really had a support system so I needed reassurance during these projects), he says he liked me better at the start of the relationship cause I had more self-esteem. He says I seem "limited" in my beliefs and actions (playing small, am not strong enough, should know how to reply to ppl to defend myself, etc.).

Even though I agree with some of his comment and am working on it, I can't help but think he doesn't love me anymore I don't feel his equal, but more like a construction site...should I accept being talked to like this?? :( Makes me feel like I should just be thankful that he stays with me.

Or should I just forget, accept it as a feedback & be thankful that he shared it and doesn't break up with me & try to work on it for myself?

TL;DR Bf is giving brutal comment about what should change in me but makes me wonder if he loves me for who I am.

submitted by /u/YogurtclosetFuture66
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment