About us

Thursday, March 28, 2024

I (19F) jealous of fiance (21M) going out with friends

My fiance (21M) and I (19F) have been together for almost 2 years. We did long distance for a year as i am from Chicago and he is from Bosnia. We have definitely gotten past the honeymoon stage and are talking about our futures more seriously. We are in the process of a fiance visa for him to join me in the states. Because of this big step, i decided to take advantage of my online classes and spend the year in Bosnia with him. My family has an apartment here and so I do not currently live with him.

Here’s the issue, he works full time and so we see each other 1-2 a week. He struggles to find time to see me as often as I would like given I am a naturally anxious person. I need constant affirmation and check ins not because I don’t trust him but because of childhood trauma. Because of this, I can definitely come across as jealous especially because I sometimes get upset when he hangs out with friends rather than come and see me.

I fully trust him and cheating definitely is not on my mind in the slightest but I feel like because we’re so close to the big step of marriage, he’d make himself more available for me.

Id also like to mention that I am fully aware that we are both very young for marriage but this is not the topic of this post.

In regards to his friends, many our my family members who we met through. The issue with this is that many of those family members talk to my fiances ex and so she makes appearances at hangouts. In a way she definitely makes me a little uncomfortable with him going out even while knowing they do not speak to one another or have a relationship.

Any advice on controlling my emotions?

TL;DR Insecure about fiance hanging out with friends rather than seeing me especially right before taking big step and getting married. We see each other about 1-2 times a week because he works and is often tired after. What can I do about being less jealous and insecure when I’m not his main priority?

submitted by /u/Jelenalazic
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment