About us

Sunday, March 31, 2024

Sister has admitted to liking the guy who now likes me

My sister (24F) and I (27F) are really closed, we work together an have similar friend groups. I’ve recently gotten out of a long term relationship that I had physically and mentally left months prior. This last week at work I was told by a male co worker that his friend thinks I’m attractive and would like to get to know me but it to shy to make the fist move so k was just feeling out if I would be interested ( his friend wasn’t aware he was telling me this). I left it open and admitted I was attracted to him but didn’t know him enough to really tell at this time as we hadn’t had many conversations but was open to get to know him. A lot of fellow co workers heard about this and were talking about it, which eventually got around to my sister. My sister had admitted to me in the past she thought he was attractive, had good quality’s an would make a great boyfriend but never admitted to me that she liked him or anything serious like that. I figured she may have had a crush but a lot of the girls on the crew did for him plus she would talk to me about other guys she liked so didn’t think much of it. Once she found out about this she confronted me and asked about it. I was honest with her and she then admitted her feelings for him, saying she’s been trying to get to know him ( even during the time I was still with my ex) and had a couple of times messaged as friends about work and life. She knew it was a friends level but was hoping to eventually progress. So she was kind of hurt his feelings were expressed for me. Now, she’s known him longer and obviously gotten to know him more but he’s got feelings for me( he has yet to do anything about it though). I told my sister I would back off and let it play out for her but I feel after her knowing him for 6 months and nothing has happened it may not for her an I’ll loose my chance. I love my sister an she will always come first in this situation but I can’t help but feel a little let down that I have to step back when it’s me he’s interested in but I also understand my sister’s situation. What should I do, and how should I deal with it if the guys asked me out. I don’t want to hurt my sister an I don’t know this guy as well as her but he’s definitely the type of guy I would get to know typically

TLDR; Sister likes the same guy that likes me. She knows him more and has spent more time with him but feels havnt been shared with him or reciprocated so far. A male co worker shared with me that this certain guy likes me but is to shy to confront me straight away about it. My sister heard about this an told me she felt hurt an expressed her feelings for me which is wasn’t fully aware of. I have told her I would back off an see if something eventuates for them but I can’t help but feel a little hurt and sad I won’t get to know him now. What do I do if he asks me out and how do I get over feeling this way?

submitted by /u/eleanorjones994
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment