About us

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

My (28F) wife (28f) of 3 years, together for almost 8, are divorcing over incompatibilities, but I don’t know if it’s the right choice anymore

My wife and I have been going back and forth on getting a divorce for a while. We have too many incompatibilities, and we’ve agreed that this is the case. There are things I want that I know I’ll never get in our marriage (a healthy sex life; going out and not staying in; etc) and my wife says she realizes this to be the case. We’ve been looking for apartments for her to move into (I’d be helping her move). However, I feel so devastated by this. So does she. These last few days we have been very touchy and intimate again for the first time in weeks. Is this a sign we shouldn’t divorce and give it another shot… even if I know I shouldn’t expect things to really change much? What deep desires are worth giving up for a marriage with someone you’re, say, 80% compatible with? I love her. She’s my closest friend in this world. I just don’t know what to do.

tl;dr: wife and I are getting a divorce. I’m no longer sure if it’s the right thing to do but I can’t tell.

submitted by /u/Why_Is_This_My_Fate
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment