About us

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Date turned friend acting weird after rejection

I’d (31F) friendzoned a person (36M) I went on one blind date with and he was still pursuing me from the friendzone. I had a conversation with him about how some of his comments/behavior felt like things people would say/do in a relationship rather than friendship and how I didn’t see us being anything more than friends. I told him I did feel a connection with him but given some differences couldn’t picture a future together. He expressed some disappointment and said he’d be more mindful of what he says/does. Since then he’s been acting quite cold and distant, which is understandable. But I feel like he’s being immature by just leaving my messages at read especially when they are about his dog that I’m dog sitting for a bit while he’s traveling. He’s traveling at the moment so I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but he has time to post stories, be online etc all except respond or react to the texts. He used to text me daily and be quite responsive and now he ignores messages that aren’t even for my benefit (I’m doing him a favor with the dog sitting). The more he behaves this way, the more I start thinking that perhaps my gut feeling about him being immature at 36 was true. This makes me feel like none of the things he said or did as my “friend” was genuine and he was just pursuing me and is now showing his true colors. Is his behavior justified or should he be handling it more maturely? Should I bother telling him how I feel?

TLDR: Date turned friend being distant and unresponsive after I told him I only saw us as friends. Is behavior justified or should I speak to him

submitted by /u/Personal_Engineer_29
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment