About us

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Im (M34) my gf (F30) brags, moans, and shoves down my throat about how she works all the time

My gf got a new job and has been there for newly 2 years. Sometimes she works weekends (by choice). She says she wants to do weekends for the extra money for savings. She has to travel by train (less than an hour) to get to work. 9-4.30pm full time job. She does admin work.

So with me, I work as a web developer, I get to work from home a lot, but I've often done overtime which isn't paid for. When i do have to go into the office its 3hrs away.

I didn't like my old job & quit, so i got a new job. But I don't start my new job till next week. So ive had 2 weeks off.

NOW HERES THE PROBLEM with my gf.

She often complains and moans how tired she is when we meet for the weekends. If i suggest something or say anything to do with getting stuff done outside of work hours its: "How am i supposed to do that?" "I don't have time! I'm working!" "Your at home, you have time to do that!" Etc etc.

She often makes me feel guilty for being able to work from home, having time off when she's working, and being very condescending and belittling what i do in my spare time because she works.

It honestly just makes me feel like i just don't wanna be around her. By the way she talks its almost like she doesn't like working at all. But she'll use work to to hold over peoples heads. I feel like she values work more than me.

Now for those wondering, i do make more money than her, by a lot. Im 34 and have done my share of hard work for years since i was 17. I never made a big deal about it to anyone.

We live in separate apartments.

I surprised her last weekend at a really expensive restaurant to wind down and treat ourselves for the hard work. But on the way back home, within conversation she did it again.

Me: "when it gets really hot in the summer i feel like i can't even move in my apartment, i just lay there"

Her: "just lay there, was is that? I have to go to work man, Im working"

At this point i snapped an just told her so what, and to stfu. She almost ruined an amazing day.

Its really frustrating. The last couple of days I've been off I've felt guilty. I feel unappreciated, i work hard to make the money i spend on dates, and pay my bills. And in the end i just get disrespected. It makes me feel like i don't wanna be around her because it keeps happening.

Tldr: girlfriend makes me feel guilty for having time off work and acts very condescending and belittling my spare time. Even though i make more money and have slaved for decades of my own life.

submitted by /u/OrileyT
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment