About us

Saturday, August 6, 2022

My wife (30) and I (32) have a crush on the same person

Not really a venting or complaining post, just a funny situation we just found ourselves in. To get it out of the way, my wife is literally my best friend in the entire world and we’ve never fought about anything in our 9 year relationship. We’d do anything for each other and could not be happier together. That being said, I also have a group of friends I’ve known for over 12 years and we are beyond close as well. We’re a group of 3 couples and when we are together we could legitimately take on the world. Everyone just becomes the best versions of themselves, full of confidence and love and you could take any combination of us 6 and everyone gets along equally. In particular though, my friend’s wife and I are essentially the same person and connect on many things that only the two of us understand. Never really any sexual attraction, but when everyone gets super drunk the two of us just go down a rabbit hole of our interests and it can get lightly flirty at times. To be completely clear to the reddit psychologists out there, this has been going on for 10+ years and any jealously between anyone that existed is long gone. Her husband is my best friend in the world and even busts our balls about it because he knows there is nothing serious about it. Now I will say I do feel bad about it at times because I never want my wife to feel that she isn’t as close with me as I am with my friends wife, but again any sense of insecurity on her end is also long gone because she knows I would do anything in the world for her and would fucking die for her without a second thought.

So with all that background out of the way, here is the real interesting part. My wife and my friends wife have started doing the same thing together! So instead me and her going down the rabbit hole, the two of them are connecting on deep stuff and are forming their own little pseudorelationship late at night. A few weeks ago it literally looked like a string was tied around those two and my wife was making little nervous smiles and laughs at times. I couldn’t help but laugh because I knew exactly how she was feeling. The next day I jokingly busted her by saying “wife…you were crushing pretty hard last night on (friend’s wife).” She immediately turned red and I burst out laughing. Like I said before, my friend’s wife and I are pretty much the same person so it would only make sense that my wife is attracted to those same qualities and another reason I am not jealous and am just enjoying her newfound romantic confusion.

So not really looking for advice or hoping for anyone to psychoanalyze the situation because there is no way anyone is going to be able to explain the relationship I have with my friends and wife to me, but thought it was a funny situation I’d share. Not sure if anyone else has had a similar situation and a story on how it turned out but would love to hear it.

TLDR: my wife now fully understands the reasons for my slight crush on my friend

submitted by /u/Hmmhmmhmmmmm
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment