About us

Monday, August 29, 2022

How do I (22M) tell the girl I like (20F) the truth about how I know her?

I'll try to make a long story short. I met an old coworker in early 2020 and he was in a relationship with this one girl for a few months. I genuinely never thought of her in a romantic way, especially since he and I were cool. I did think she looked extremely good though, something I told him to his face a number of times whenever she was brought up.

They either broke up later that year or in early 2021. He ended things and on top of that, since we were cool or whatever he'd tell me stories about how cheated etc. He got fired from our job early last year too. He and I haven't talked in over a year. I realized he only talks to me when he wants something (car rides home, registering for classes, etc.), owes me money, is not the brightest, he's deceitful, and the list goes on. To put it simply, we're not cool anymore.

--------

Fast forward to this summer. I randomly found his ex's social media about two months ago. Of course, she still looks good. I thought "What if?" so I followed her, liked a picture, and she did the same. Again, I'd always found her attractive and after following her, I'm finding out that she's intelligent and so on too.

Throughout the last few weeks, I've been thinking about her a lot. I like her and want to pursue something with her. I was gonna wait to talk to her but yesterday I just messaged her off impulse and things went well. I got her number and now we're texting.

--------

Of course, I want and need to tell her the truth as soon as possible. I want her to know that she went out with one of my old coworkers (And maybe tell her that I was cool with him/that's how I know her?). I don't want her to find out some other way and then be mad at me.

I feel like she'll think he and I are trying to play her or something. I want to stress to her that he and I don't talk anymore, never will again, and so on. But I don't know how to word it or how to tell her without getting a bad reaction. Can someone help me, please? I just wanna be honest with her. If that results in her ending things, then I'll have to respect that decision and move on.

--------

Not that it matters, but I don't care if he were to find out. We're not cool, we don't talk, he cheated on her, broke up with her, and has been in a new relationship for almost 2 years. As far as I'm concerned, we were just coworkers who made small talk to pass the time.

--------

TL: DR; I'm texting the girl I like but I only know her through an old coworker (Who I don't talk to anymore (1 year+)) who broke up with her over a year ago. I feel like I need to tell her this so she doesn't feel like she was played, set up, etc. but I don't know how/how to word it. Can someone help?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/retrolegend
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment