About us

Monday, August 8, 2022

My (26F) friend (24F) didn’t clean their sick up from my bathroom, thinks i’m out of order for bringing it up

A couple of days ago, my friend came round to me and my partners house to celebrate a birthday. We had a nice evening, although our friend got very stoned and went quite pale at around 9pm, she eventually ran upstairs and me and my partner assumed they were probably being sick in our bathroom. No big deal I thought, she’ll probably feel better afterwards. after about an hour she comes back downstairs and has perked up a lot. she tells us that she missed the toilet somewhat, and that the bathroom is a mess. She starts smoking a cigarette. I had needed the toilet for a while because it is our only bathroom, so I went upstairs. there was quite a bit of visible sick all over my toilet and around the general area, even somehow on the walls? I went back downstairs and didn’t say anything at first because I am quite shy. I felt somewhat annoyed that the mess had been left. I wouldn’t have been able to use the toilet without getting sick on my socks. I waited for my partner to go upstairs and followed him up. He saw the mess and was also quite shocked at the state. This gave me the courage to say something so I asked if she could try and sort it out a bit so we could use the bathroom and brush our teeth before bed. she said she needed the mop to sort it. i was quite hesitant to give them our mop as it was brand new and I would have to chuck it out after it was used to clean sick (I am a bit weird about germs and stuff) I asked if they could try with kitchen roll and toilet roll and surface cleaning spray. They refused and essentially said they were only going to clean with the mop. I gave up and just sacrificed the mop. The bathroom was still a mess, there was still visable sick streaks on the wall, floor and toilet. There was also a plastic bag full of sicky tissues lay open on it’s side. We went to bed. i had a message in the morning asking if she could borrow one of my tops as she’d gotten sick on hers. she had already gone when I woke up however. The bathroom hadn’t been touched at all. So my partner and I had to clean it up. the shirt covered in sick was also stuffed in the corner of my bathroom behind the bag. I was quite annoyed and so sent her an image of the mess, and said I can’t help but feel annoyed by this, and that they’ve left it to me to clean up. I asked her to respect my space more in the future. I got quite an angry response, blaming me for not providing adequate cleaning supplies. They also said that they are stressed with work and have a lot going on at the moment that I know about. they finished up by saying they make a lot of adjustments for my neurotic behaviour, and that I should do the same for them. I asked what they meant by that and she said that I always cancel plans, have anxiety and am a germaphobe. I am quite upset by this. Would be interested to hear some opinions.

TL;DR: friend made and left a sicky mess in my house. Reacted badly to being confronted about it

submitted by /u/nowpiglet
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment