About us

Friday, August 19, 2022

How do I go about this?

I really like someone. I mean, A LOT. She's just so damn cute, she's lovely, and she's so like me in so many ways. I finally plucked up the courage to ask for her socials, and ended up with her instagram. I'm a chronic overthinker though. I asked for hers, and she messaged me first after I did that, which I took as a good sign - I was going to wait a little bit as to not seem too eager. Apparently neither of us knew what flirting is, but we've been doing that?

My issue is, when we do talk, she's always enthusiastic to do so. But then she doesn't talk for like a couple of days but also isn't active for those couple of days, I assume she's just busy but I have a lot of anxiety surrounding people replying to me, due to issues with someone else in the past which have messed up my mental state a bit - I've worked on it and im okay now mostly, just a few lingering issues.

Also, in person, we frequently go silent, probably because we're awkward teenagers who don't know what to say? I dread asking her on a date because of this, I dont want to be awkwardly silent. But I'm pretty sure I have a good chance with her. She gave me a silly little thing because of a joke I made, spent a good 20 minutes making it, and labelling it, with a date and smiley face and all, surely she wouldn't go to that effort just for some random guy?

I need to know what I'm doing wrong, I get nervous around her which is of course natural, but I want to be able to hold a conversation better with her. Over text was fine, we were talking from like 10pm to 1am the other night, that was the night she made the little thing she gave me. Trying not to give too many details in case somehow, miraculously, someone who knows about the two of us finds this post.

I probably haven't made much sense. TLDR: two awkward soon to be adults (I'm 18 in just under half a year, she's 17 in a month or so), at least one of us has never had a relationship (me, maybe her too considering she has said she doesn't know how to flirt/didnt know we were flirting), How do we hold conversations better and how do I ask her on a date, I'm thinking of cinema, then food?

Thankyou for any advice.

submitted by /u/altaccountfuckery44
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment