About us

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

What does everyone think about this conversation? Am I trying too hard? Shall I just give up altogether?

Person of interest (POI): I just need some time to think about this. I didn’t realize that you were subject to more long term deployment internationally within the next 13 months until our call, and at the time I didn’t quite wrap my brain around it 😅

Me: This is the last and only deployment I'll be a part of until I finally get out around about July, possibly earlier. That is truth, but yes, it's also an attempt to get your interest back. If not, and you've ultimately decided not to go at this altogether, I'd understand and fully respect that decision.

POI: Ok, not gonna lie to you that definitely helps the situation.

Me: I'm putting all my chips at the table for that outcome... (After 4 days) I'm writing this only because I've got enough strength and courage in me, thanks to alcohol. This is, though, by no means, not a desperate attempt. This is no more than a mere confession about how I feel about everything.

I understand and respect how you feel about the distance and frequency. I don't blame you on that and, honestly, it's not the first time I'm exposed to it. I'm not going to say anything that would otherwise convince you to try and stick things out with me.

What I'm going to do instead is to let you know of how much I'd like to be in a relationship with you. I've already told you that I'm really interested in you, but I also won't force myself to you if you've made up your mind about the whole thing in general.

I also want to communicate through my willingness to become friends even if we don't end up in a relationship because I really do want to get to know you and I don't really have much friends at all. If I'd be so bold as I can, I'd be willing to wait until my time here is done. Whenever than happens and you're still single, I'd like to come back and see if there's still interest in your end about us potentially dating. If there is, brilliant. If not, then I'd simply chalk this up as a wrong time, wrong place scenario yet again. Regardless, I'd wait for your answer about everything. The only thing I'd ask is that you'd be honest for both our sakes. You're a very desirable man, [POI].

POI: Thank you for your candor [ME]. With the stage I’m at in my life, I’d really like to be engaged in something that doesn’t demand distance. Even with you back in ___ you’re still pretty far away and seeing each other regularly feels like it would be challenging.

That said, I’d still like to go on a date and see if there’s something here. Naturally I can’t promise anything, but a date at least feels like it would provide the missing chemistry component I’m still looking to evaluate.

Me: I'd take that or any other chance I can get at hanging out with you. I'll let you know as soon as we're bound to come back. Let's go on a date by then. If there's nothing after that, I'd gladly accept whatever comes out of it, friendship or not or whatever the outcome may be. If we do end up being back to complete strangers after that one date, I'd like to express my desire to come back and see if you're still single after I get out, given the chance that you'd still be interested in me by then. If not and there's really no interest and no chance at all for us, I'd very much respect that as well. I'm not going to give up on you easily until you actually tell me to stop. I won't push myself on you especially if I'm made known of the fact that there's no place for me there, but I also don't give up easily, hence the things I just said.

POI: Understood 😊

TL;DR- I'm trying to date someone who seemingly doesn't want to proceed because I'm often away on missions and we live about 2 hours from each other. Shall I still pursue a possible relationship or just give up altogether?

submitted by /u/theunsunghero_17
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment