About us

Friday, March 10, 2023

I (24f) just found pictures of my boyfriend (30M) and his ex on an old USB drive. I feel very hurt by it.

Me (24F) and my bf (30M) have been together for 2 years now. We love, trust and care for each other and he says he has never been happier, which I believe. We are planning a future together as well, and are very committed.

Today I found an old USB that I didn`t even realize was his, until I put it in the computer. I looked because I thought it was mine and I wanted to use it, so I checked what was on it and I found a bunch of folders with images from his past. Some were family, some were vacations etc, but in a lot of them were images of him and his ex (exes?, I think there was more than one ex - but I didn˙t even look further, because I cound´t stand looking at him with another woman). I have never seen these, nor did I want to see them, and seeing him in photos with other women in loving/erotic poses and such, really hurt me.

I don`t know why he still has them, he probably forgot they were on the USB, but it still hurt me a lot. I am a jealous person - but not in a way where I wouldn´t let him be around women or anything, to be clear - I get very jealous and hurt when I see his past, which is already behind him. I think he should˙ve deleted those when they broke up, otherwise I don´t know why he would˙ve kept them, let alone kept them on an USB that I could´ve mistakenly looked at, like I did today. It could be an honest mistake, forgetting they were there, but still... It hurt me!

He isn´t at home now, he comes back in 2 days and I plan on confronting him. I love him dearly, but I will not stand for this. I will ask why he has them still and tell him to delete the images without hesitation, or I am done. We are planning a future together and if he doesn´t delete these - delete his past, I can´t trust that we can move forward. The past is the past for a reason. He should not have those photos, especially if he plans on marrying me.

Am I overreacting or am I right in thinking those should´ve been deleted a long time ago. What should I do?

TL;DR - Today I found photos of my boyfriend and his ex on an old USB drive and got very hurt by seeing the images.

submitted by /u/ArtemisTheirin
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment