About us

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

I feel confused after my bf went on a drunken rant

Me (26f) and my bf (28m) have been together about 1.5 years.

This weekend we went to an event, and we drank quite a bit. We were both drunk. When we got back home, he was going on and on, very emotional about a lot of things. He was telling me he has always worried I wished he made more money. (I never have, I’ve never said anything like that). He talked about his family and some of the regrets he had regarding his relationship with his siblings (his mother was very abusive and put the blame on him). He talked about how tonight was one of the best nights of his life because of how much fun we had dancing together for hours.

Then he turns to me and says “I think you love me more than I love you, but I need you more then you need me.” And I legit don’t know what to think of that. I always sensed he loves me equal. We match each others effort and ways of showing it. I will admit, I look for more physical affection than he does, but he has his moments of “neediness” too, so it’s never been an issue.

We talked about it the next morning, sober and hungover. I told him I always thought we loved eachother equally. He said what he said the night before was stupid, and I came across in the wrong way. He’s tried to reassure me in many ways since that he loves me dearly. I just feel a little thrown off and taken for granted.

Thoughts? Is my ego just hurt or should I feel a certain type of way about this?

TDLR: my bf said things during a drunken rant and now I feel strange

submitted by /u/playdotz
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment