About us

Sunday, March 12, 2023

I (25F) don’t know how to get over some things my bf (23M) has said to me.

I’ve been dating my boyfriend for almost two years now, and there are just some comments he’s made that I find really hard to forget. Obligatory he treats me great otherwise, and I very much like him and would prefer not to break up.

For example, he’s made comments like:

-mixed girls are perfect and the best of both worlds. (I’m white, I look nothing like a mixed race black girl).

-I have to accept that there are going to be people more attractive than me out there, and be realistic and accept that.

-at base level, all relationships are transactional.

-they don’t go together, he’s not as attractive as she is. Why would she be with him? (in response to seeing a couple out in public.)

He’s said he prefers being logical about things, but I feel like someone should value being kind to their SO than being logical. I just don’t know how to let go of these comments and get over them. Is it naive or unrealistic that I want to be with someone who thinks the sun shines out of my ass? Do these comments indicate that he doesn’t think that, or am I wrong?

Tl;dr: bf makes some comments relating to my and other appearances and it makes me feel like he doesn’t totally like me 100%.

submitted by /u/treetimetreewaste
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment