About us

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Should I get back with my ex who stopped caring and broke up with me

Me (20F) and my ex (20M) broke up a couple of months ago after ~2.5 years of relationship. We were each other's first serious relationship, and we didnt really know how to make a healthy relationship. We spent every single second together, and had no life outside each other. We started to stagnate, and my ex started to put less and less effort, and stopped caring about my feelings as much. This would frustrate me and would drive me to become maybe a little controlling. He was also quite immature at times. In the last few months of our relationship, he just stopped caring and eventually he stonewalled me and ghosted me for 6 days, and was quite rude to me when I needed him the most. We then decided to break up because things just werent working, for me it was mostly because i felt he didnt care about me. And for him it was mostly because he lost interest. The breakup was rough, and he quite quickly tried to get back with me. I was however still really hurt by what he did, and everyone around me was telling me not to get back with him. So i didnt, but i proceeded to feel scared that i had made the wrong choice for about a month. I then contacted him, and we have started talking again. He really seems like he wants to put a lot of effort in to make this work, and he's realized what he did wrong and what went wrong the first time around and so have I. I really want to give him a chance to show me that he cares, but I haven't told my friend or family that we are talking again. I'm scared that they'll tell me not to get back with him. Should I get back with him after he basically didnt give a shit about my feelings? TL;DR: After a 2year relationship, my ex broke up with me, now I am considering getting back with him.

submitted by /u/theplaincracker
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment