About us

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

I (24f) was messaging a random guy (24m) in hopes to catch him cheating and don't know what to do now.

Hello everyone. I hope this post doesn't make me seem terrible because that is not at all my intention. Honestly, very simple situation (I think) I just don't know where to go from here. I (24f) got a message yesterday morning from a FB friend who I don't know (24m).

He was an old friend of mine's ex's brother and somehow we ended up as friends on FB. This was probably 6 or 7 years ago and we have never once communicated. Well out of the blue yesterday morning, he liked 2 of my pictures (most recent profile pic and one from about 6 years ago) and messaged me saying hello. I went on his page and saw that he has been married since 2019. Now, I have a boyfriend (25m) who I've been dating for 5+ years that I love and have zero interest in this guy who messaged me. I am strictly replying to see how far he's gonna go as he is married and I find it wrong to be messaging a "pretty woman" behind her back.

So, conversation started off basically figuring out how we knew each other and me asking why he messaged me which is where the pretty woman thing comes in. Then it gets basic, getting to know you type stuff like where do you work, what are you studying etc. I decided last night I don't want this to be something that carries on for an extended period of time so I cut middle of the conversation this morning and said I see that you're married, so why are you messaging me?

He basically says there's a bit of tension and he's looking for conversation. I said I wouldn't like it if I had a man messaging other women even when things are tough like it just seems wrong especially considering we don't know each other and all these years later start communicating. He said he knows I'm completely right he just wanted to know what it's like talking to a female without feeling bad because it's more than just tension, it's a lot I guess. He "genuinely" apologized more than once and said he was just looking for conversation and knew I was in another country and he didn't know who I was(???). But idk what I'm supposed to say to him from here or if I'm supposed to tell his wife?

That was my whole original plan was to message her and let her know because I would hate to be in her position and not have someone tell me what's going on behind my back. But at this point, I'm feeling like they're 2 grown people who need to deal with their relationship on their own and I honestly don't know what to do or what to say to him even at this point. Does anyone have any advice?? Should I just cut myself out of the equation and pretend like it never happened? Idk if that makes me a bad person..

TL;DR - FB friend that I don't know from 6-7 years ago randomly messaged me, he is married and I wanted to catch him cheating to tell his wife. He's now saying there's a lot going on between them and he was looking for genuine convo with another female. Don't know what to say to him or if I should tell his wife or just let them sort it out like 2 grown adults.

submitted by /u/cvlewin15
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment